domingo, 28 de agosto de 2011

Los delfines suicidas





The thing that turned me around was the death of Flipper, of Cathy. She was really depressed. I could feel it.  I could see it.  And she committed suicide in my arms. That's a very strong word, suicide. But you have to understand: dolphins and other whales are not automatic air breathers, like we are. Every breath they take is a conscious effort. And so they can end their life  whenever life becomes too unbearable by not taking the next breath. And it's in that context I use the word suicide. She did that.  She swam into my arms and looked me right in the eye and... took a breath... and didn't take another one. I just let her go, and she sank straight down on her belly to the bottom of the tank. 

Sobre el suicidio de Flipper, en The cove (2009)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario